Thursday, December 18, 2008

Art For the Holidays

It is that time of year when we all strive to find the perfect gifts for our loved ones.  Most people get bogged down with the malls and the latest electronic gadgets.  It is easy to buy our brothers his favorite movie of 2008 on high-def DVD, and our sisters that killer top she would look great in.  These are great gifts by all means, but often off-beat gifts are the most memorable.  I will let you in on a little secret...not all art is hundreds of dollars.  There are thousands of art shows, fairs, and galleries across the country where artists offer prints or small originals for under $100.  My favorite Christmas gift was two hand built and painted ceramic plates that my mother found while off-beat shopping.  Not only did I love them, they were the first piece of art in my collection.  I still have them on the wall and think of my mother every time I look at them.   Let's not forget about all of the artist made jewelry, accessories, and handbags.  These pieces are one of a kind (mostly) and who wouldn't appreciate a one of a kind gift?  

1 comment:

Claudio Tomassini said...

I invite you to visit my blog. you can find my last works of art at:

www.claudiotomassini.blogspot.com

yours Claudio Tomassini